Friday 24 January 2014

"Year 2014 - What will you bring??"



Okay so I have been trying to write this blog since the year started & it is not one week left of Jan I have yet to succeed.

The title for today's/this month's blog is the question for me - an answer I'm not all that sure as to whether it'll be all that I wish it would be. Not to sound negative but rather realistic. I am itching to travel again, its over 2 years since we went to India & 10 years this month since I was on exchange in Germany (the above photos of the gummi bears are two tubs my brother got for me - sweets that I fell in love with in Germany) but my husband has changed study institutes to do a more specified website course which is to take ALL year instead of only studying the 1st semester. So we will see what this year will bring.

I, however, have plenty to keep myself occupied while my husband studies away in the spare room. I am trying to complete the Taj Mahal cross-stitch - I'm almost there - so the aim I to finish it in the next couple of weeks - back stitching included (I have a habit of finishing the cross part but then leaving it for a while before sitting down & doing the back-stitch weeks later.)




My next step will be to start & complete the "Honeymoon - Singapore" Scrapbook -  I have pulled out the stuff to go in it, and it is all ordered together, just need to print photos & get it started!!! Yes I will share photos.

So far this month/year Simon & I have celebrated our 3 year Wedding Anniversary. We didn't go away this year but instead jut hung around Christchurch. We went up the Gondola for lunch, we spent a couple of hours up the top there, wondering around, enjoying the view of the city (as below) & Lyttleton Harbour. They have a time tunnel in the bottom floor of the building, you ride in a wee car & there are video clips talking about the beginning of Banks Penisula through to today.

Christchurch CBD - not so much left of it now. Seen now as a flat area, rather than tall buildings
We spent the afternoon wondering along the beach front in Sumner. Got a little red but it was nice just casually strolling along together. It's nice seeing all the houses that are along the Esplanade that have a view of the ocean. There is one house there that it's rateable value is $4 million. It is a stunning place, with a pool & the selling point for us - a 10 car garage!!! Not that we're buying of course - just a little out of our price range at the moment.  
 
New Brighton Pier


For dinner we went to Cafe Valentino - an Italian restaurant - the food was great, we had pizza & pasta with cheesecake for dessert. Yum!! It was a wonderful day together. And I till look fondly on our wedding - it was just what we planned. Plus I still LOVE my wedding dress.
 
 
For the last couple of months I have been uumming & ahhhing about getting an iPhone - not because its an 'iPhone' but because of the versatility of having one. Reasons being - I accidentally left my lovely pink iPod at the gym and low & behold I never saw it again, so I wanted that again. I like iTunes layout, so I knew I'd get one again rather than MP3 player. I've had a baby galaxy & it was nice enough (in fact I'm still using it as my alarm) but I found it too slippery. And a Galaxy III or IV wasn't my thing, they were too big + too slippery. I liked the iPhone because I could put music on, use iTunes, and the newer ones are squared off, which for me made it easier to hold & handle. Soooo after hunting around ebay, shops & trade me I managed to find one at a reasonable price - I wasn't going to pay the full price for one, because I don't think they're worth it, but I did have to pay a little more than I wanted to. But yes I bought one - and so far I haven't been disappointed. The screen is really clear - I have plenty of room for all the stuff I want on it - apps & music etc. I have 'Learn the Bible in 24 Hours' by Chuck Misler.

My new toy - with Guess case & 2 covers, I will be getting more - I'm considering a 3D Dispicable Me Minion Cover.
 
On the sporting side of things - My husband decided we were going to become Tennis Bunnies this summer - so we went & bought tennis rackets last week.
 

We have lived next to tennis courts for the last few years and talked about it but never one anything till now. We played last weekend & the day after my arm felt soooooooooooooooo sore, at work I had to use both hands to squeeze the stapler. So tennis bunnies it is. It's kinda fun - especially when I hit the ball to far & Simon has to go running to get it.

That would appear to be the start of 2014 for me - now I shall continue with my cross-stitch Taj. Oh we're going on a date tomorrow - apparently leaving the house at 9am & can't eat breakfast before hand..... Looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment